Monday, July 04, 2005

it's been a long time

Now it's really been too long since I've written here... Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks -- at least interesting for the drudgery that is my life. I've been a bit afraid to post any of it here because it's the kind of thing that embarasses me and because putting it down might cause me to have to think some things through.

Well, I went on a date -- the first in about 6 years. We met over an internet dating site. It went OK, I guess. She is into me. I am not so sure it works both ways. She's not as cute as I hoped she would be after seeing her pictures... it sounds mean to say this, but I probably never would have talked to her had I had better quality photos.

Anyway, she's calling all the time now and seemingly wants to push things further. I'm not so turned off by this person that I want to run away, but I'm not so sure I shouldn't, either. So I've been thinking things through, and I guess what I'm going to try to do is to be as open as I can about what I am thinking and what I want and don't want, and ask the same of her. Then, we can work from there.

My job is driving me crazy. I hope I earn enough seniority soon to start refusing some overtime... I really can't handle these long days and weeks for much longer.

There's more, of course, but that will do for now. It won't be as long until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home