Thursday, November 04, 2004

a detuned radio

"It seemed as if people were not voting on his performance. It seemed as if they were voting for what team they were on. This was not an election. This was station identification." - Thomas Friedman (in the New York Times)

I was considering not voting Tuesday evening, but in last hour I went ahead and did it. I voted my conscience -- and left the presidential portion blank. It was a great feeling, and I'm glad I voted. It was in favor of democracy, if nothing else, and it was great to see turnout go up for a change.

I think Thomas Friedman's observation above is accurate, but I WAS voting on his performance -- the way the Iraq war was sold in particular. And the other guy...

... well, I don't really feel comfortable with either of the big parties (or any of the little ones, for that matter.) But alienation is a feeling I'm accustomed to.

Anyway, that's enough politics for a year... time to catch up on some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home